Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

NEVER TAKE A DEPRESSED DOG WITH DIARRHEA CAMPING
 
Sam the Dog has not received much attention the past couple of weeks.
We made sure he had food and water but that was about it.
We were in and out, he was shuttled around to backyards and neighbors houses.
His house was invaded by company, stress, and emotions.
Dogs reflect what is going on around them.
He probably got hold of some food that was not good for him too.
 
In order to get away from everything, we planned a Father's Day
camping trip to a campground not too far from us.
There is a luxury to camping that allows me to be profoundly lazy without guilt.
Many times I get my best sleep fallaing asleep looking at the stars through netting on the tent. I love to listen to the frogs croaking in the distance or the sound of a stream.
 
Todd brought his king-sized blow up mattress and made our bed with a furry sheet, and white comforter. It could have been a wedding bed.
Any thought of a romantic evening was dashed when Sam starting pacing all over the bed.
My side to his side, take him out to go, do you want to switch sides of the bed?
We switch, he still paces, stops for a few minutes then resumes. He is shaking.
I sit up, put Sam on the leash and zip the tent open. Poor little guy just squirts a little and comes back in. He rested a bit and it starts all over.
 
It's useless to sleep any more. I feed Sam a bit of oatmeal and milk and he laps it up.
We come home and I feed him some chicken, rice and broth.
He definitely has more energy.
Now Todd is asleep on the sofa, Sam is sound asleep on the bed
and I am trying to stay away so I can sleep through the night tonight.
 
This is my Father's Day story 2013.
Miss you Daddy.
You would have laughed.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment