Tuesday, June 11, 2013

On Losing my Father day 9

DAY 9
 
Yea, email is working and caffeine in my system.
Good sleep.
Today is obit day.
What to say.
 
We are sorry to, no, We regret, no,
Our dear husband and father... ok.
There are 15 lines. Keep it brief, just the facts ma'am.
Ok, got it done in 13 lines.
Oops, need time, day of funeral,
Ok now 14 lines.
 
When to run the obit? Saturday and Sunday.
So Sunday costs more than the other six days.
Pictures $65 a day.
Do I need to put in a picture?
Decided to defer to decision to sister and Mom.
 
Waiting for family approval to submit.
 
Yard work day.
Hook Houdini Sam up.
Don't want to worry about losing him.
Get rid of the weeds, clip off dead heads, a bit of pruning,
bring out the blower, the trimmer, the lawnmower.
It's getting really hot.
Honey, why is that part of the flowerbed getting water and
this side dry?
Not my department.
We'll remember to hand water the pots.
Can't let Daddy's flowers die.
Let me get the tablecloth before you put the shade back in.
 
2:00 pm
Back inside.
Air con is on.It's getting hot outside.
Finish the laundry.
Turn the mattress.
Make the bed.
Clean the bathrooms.
Clean the shower.
Clean me.

Wait. I need to order the lasagne from Sampino's for Sunday dinner.
There's a light bulb out in the family room.
Check upstairs downstairs.
Start another list.
I really want a cold Coor's Light

3pm
Let's get our Costco shopping out of the way. We'll do the beds tonight.
Em and James arrive at 11:25 pm.
Might as well stay busy at home before we pick them up.
Costco list.
Wine, gin beer, pizza, vitamins, Duck Jerky for Sam and on and on.
Remember honey, the wine is for this weekend.
Really, who am I reminding?

7 pm
Em and James at the airport in Denver. Can't believe they will be here tonight.
Costco cornmeal pizza for dinner.
Everything Costco.

I left my CC cards in my backpack.
Can't order the meat and cheese trays at Costco.
Can't find honey.
Call him. Please meet me in front of the Rotisserie Chicken.
No response.
15 min later he arrives with chips. I ask.
Please don't divide and conquer. Let's stay together.
Trays ordered.

Just stay busy until the plan arrives.
In bed 12:30 am



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment